The Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice offers students an opportunity to begin their professional training in social work, policy, and social administration while still in the College. Qualified students who wish to pursue a joint MA degree in Social Work, Social Policy, and Social Administration at the Crown Family School should consult with their College adviser and with the admissions office at the Crown Family School as soon as their first year, but no later than early in their third year.

Students will need a GPA of 3.25 or higher and to have completed both their general education requirements and the requirements for their College major by the end of their third year.

BA/MA students take nine courses in their fourth College year: seven Crown Family School Core courses and two electives. Students will also complete two field placements (an evaluated internship): one in the first year (College year four) and one in the second year of joint residence. The nine graduate-level courses together with field work constitute a demanding curriculum; therefore students are encouraged to complete their BA projects before beginning their graduate course work. 

BA/MA students enter joint residence status during the three quarters prior to the anticipated date of College graduation, during which time they will be charged tuition at the Crown Family School’s graduate rates.

For more information, contact the admissions office for the Crown Family School, at 773.702.1250 or, or visit